Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the center of life

you can't live with out it of course. it always seems to become the center of most things. firesides, social events, linger longers, or just even the movies, or when you hang out with people. FOOD is like a necessity of almost every aspect of life.

so when it comes to dating, eating in front of boys always seems to be one of those situations that you think twice. what do you order? you go to a place you really really like, and you want the full meal, with a big sandwich (that probably could feed two, but lets be honest it is so good that you want to eat it yourself), a side of fries (bottomless), and coleslaw, and of course you need a good diet coke to take of the edge of the first date.

but then you think about who is sitting across from you; mr. beautiful. what would he think if you ate the entire plate of food? so... the girl opts to eat a salad.

and dessert.... OF COURSE, you are starving. a "love it" size from coldstone ice cream would be right up your alley, but again, you gotta be modest. i'll take a kids size with one mix in. at the end of the night we all know, that we'll go home and scrounge for something to eat.

WHY? why do we do this to ourselves? i saw a girl take an entire pack of starburst, and down every last piece in a 2 minutes flat. but you know if mr. beautiful were sitting next to her she totally would have rationed her pack of starburst over several hours, or at least half of the pack, and the down the rest in less than 45 seconds.

i would love to say that i love food to much that mr. beautiful wouldn't interupt my eating habits, but i think it is part of being a girl. LAME!

food is good, appreciate it! don't be ashamed of eating. i figure the bigger the girl, means that she either cooks good or knows what the meaning of good food is. therefore, mr. beautiful will know he won't be eating ramen noodles for eternity!

don't be ashamed of ordering what you want, eat it!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I have never been the girl to order a salad. One time I went on a date and the boy I went out with said, "wow. I have never known a girl to eat as much as me." Ok first off, he was not that big, and secondly we didn't eat that much hahaha. But thank you for this wonderful post about food. DON'T Be ashamed to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. abso-freakin'-lutely! However, I do like salads every now and then as well...but when I was dating my husband I was so happy and excited that I forgot to eat! But on our first date...before all the butterflies etc..it was a group date and I was with someone else...so, naturally, I had an entire meal, PLUS soda, PLUS desert (it was the cheesecake factory, what do you want from me?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...I love to eat. There's no way around it. There have been quite a few times on a date where I'm just enjoying the conversation and eating at the same time, and all of a sudden I realize my plate is pretty much empty, and he's still working on his. Oh well! I usually order just whatever I want. I figure if it's gonna go anywhere with that guy, he better know from the beginning that I can hold my own when it comes to eating!

    ReplyDelete