Monday, September 21, 2009

social boundaries

it has been a long long time! i don't think it is for a lack of things to say, but really a grand decision of what is qualified to go on the blog.

but i have come to realize a couple of things when it comes to boy/girl socializing and dating. i don't know if it is just a type of people or what.....

we were in a social setting of boys and girls. as a group of single girls, we were getting to know one another. and then suddenly there was a girl that asked about how this guys line of work. ok typical. then did you get your degree to do that? ok, still ok grounds. then the bomb... how much do you make?

SOCIAL BOUNDARIES????

ok scenario two. again in a social setting to get to know other people. specifically a bon fire. a lot of people didn't know each other. so i believe the purpose of these gatherings are to meet new people. but again, there were several people who just sat there and didn't say anything. i don't understand? lets get over ourselves and meet people!

and i guess the last example i saw lately was restaurant etiquette. i don't know if this is social boundaries, but i think it is most definitely related. i think just the way people act at a nicer restaurant (ie... not applebees). just the constant sigh because of the high priced plates. or the dumping of the butter onto the table in order to use the dish to eat off of. i don't know what it was, it is just so interesting to me.

i guess we were all raised differently, but at the least, you think we'd know our social boundaries!

i think some people get to tied up with trying to impress the opposite sex, that they forget their social boundaries.

3 comments:

  1. It's so true. I have to totally agree. Sometimes, I'm sorry to admit, when I'm out with friends, they will say or do something, and I find myself completely embarrassed, with my mouth and eyes wide-open, wondering, "did they actually just say that???" For me it's not even things that my parents taught me, it's common sense! I find it disrespectful. So I totally hear ya on this one! It gets to the point where you don't want to go out in public with certain people, or you don't want to introduce them to new friends, or you don't want to go out and meet people with them, because other people associate you with the people you're with. It's kinda sad! Anyway, point being with all of that, I understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man! it's funny how you can nail these things right on the head!

    ReplyDelete